Villa Asciano 20
Fantastic villa with garden and pool in Val d'Orcia, just half an hour drive from Pienza
17:00 - 19:30
Villa Asciano 20
Fantastic villa with private garden and pool, located in Val d'Orcia, just half an hour drive from Pienza. It can sleep up to 20 people, has 9 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms.
Villa Asciano 20 is situated in a panoramic position in the splendid Val d'Orcia, recognized in 2004 as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Dating back to the 1600s, the building has been carefully restored and transformed into a completely organic and eco-sustainable farm, powered by a 20 kw photovoltaic system.
The property is surrounded by a large fenced garden with lawn, trees and private parking.
Under the loggia you will find many dining tables, barbecue and wood-burning oven, ideal for alfresco meals, immersed in the Tuscan landscape.
Among the outdoor spaces there is also a panoramic pool (10 x 20 m, depth 110 - 160 cm), open from 29 April to 20 October, and equipped with parasols, deck chairs, sun loungers, swing, and gazebo with lounge area. From the pool you can admire a breathtaking view of the countryside that goes from Siena to Mount Amiata.
Expertly furnished, Villa Asciano 20 is spread over 2 floors and can sleep up to 20 people, has 9 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms. All bedrooms are provided with ensuite bathroom, air conditioning and mosquito nets. Internet Wifi is present only in the common areas. Pets are allowed upon request. Moreover, 4 cots and 4 high chairs are available for free upon request.
Please note that there is also a larger version of the villa, Villa Asciano 30, made up of the main building + 2 dependances, and capable of accommodating up to 30 people.
Ground floor: You are welcomed by an elegant open-space lounge room, furnished with sofas, armchairs, carpets and a fireplace. Following is a large dining room with several tables and a professional kitchen, fully equipped with: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, toaster, microwave, coffee machine, and blender.
Also on this level there are 3 bedrooms such as: 1 double bedroom with ensuite bathroom (with shower) that can also be accessed directly from outside; 1 double bedroom with ensuite bathroom (with shower); 1 triple bedroom (1 double bed + 1 single bed) with ensuite bathroom (with bathtub) that can also be accessed directly from outside.
First floor: The upper floor is dedicated to the sleeping area, consisting of 6 bedrooms divided as follows:
- 2 double bedrooms with ensuite bathroom (with shower);
- 1 double bedroom with ensuite bathroom (with bathtub);
- 2 double bedrooms with ensuite bathroom (with shower) and private panoramic balcony;
- 1 triple bedroom (1 double bed + 1 single bed) with ensuite bathroom (with shower).
Lastly, 2 guest bathrooms complete the floor.
Prices and conditions
Included in the price: Utilities (electricity, gas for cooking, water, heating and air conditioning); linen (for beds, bathrooms and kitchen); daily maid service with change of bath towels; bed linen change (twice a week); use of the pool with parasols and deck chairs; final cleaning; Internet Wifi in common areas.
Excluded from the price: Extra maid service on request (25.00€/hour); baby sitter on request (25.00€/hour); extra bed (60.00€/night); shopping service (100.00€ + food); tasting of farm products. Tourist tax if required (the amount usually varies, depending on location, from 0.50€ to 4.00€ per person per night for a maximum of seven nights, excluding minors, and will be paid upon arrival). Moreover, many other extra services are available such as:
- Breakfast: Italian buffet breakfast (12.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 10.00€ per kid); Continental breakfast (20.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 6.00€ per kid). People may decide the time for breakfast upon arrival and the service will last 1 hour and a half (extra time 100.00€/hour).
- Lunch: normal (35.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 15.00€ per kid); light (22.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 11.00€ per kid).
- Dinner: pizza evening (35.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 15.00€ per kid); Tuscan dinner (40.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 15.00€ per kid).
- Barbecue (44.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 15.00€ per kid).
- Wine experience (38.00€ per person - duration of the activity 1 hour and a half, minimum participants 8 people).
- Cooking class (90.00€ per person, dinner only 35.00€ per person).
- Truffle experience (110.00€ per person; kids 0-4 years free; 5-11 years 15.00€ per kid - duration of the activity 1 hour + lunch afterwards, minimum participants 6 people).
Security deposit: Customers are required to pay 3,000.00€ security deposit (credit card), which will be returned at the end of the stay upon any damages.
Places to visit
Villa Asciano 20 is located in the Val d'Orcia countryside, just 5 km from the Medieval village of Trequanda, and only 30 minutes' drive from Pienza, the town of Pius II, famous for the “Pecorino cheese”.
The Val D'Orcia is considered to be the most beautiful countryside in the world: in 2004 it was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the first rural territory to be awarded this recognition. Rolling hills with rows of cypresses, castles, abbeys, estates, medieval towns. The fields of cereals dominate the landscape, alternating with meadows, age-old olive trees and vines.
Besides Pienza, other famous towns of the Val d'Orcia are Castiglione d'Orcia, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
For those searching for a relaxing vacation, in the province of Siena there are many spas, like Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni and Chianciano.
For sports lovers, in the proximity of the villa there are some paths for hiking and mountain biking.
Main distances: Pienza (25 km), Montepulciano (27 km), Siena (40 km), Cortona (41 km), Florence (116 km), Pisa (200 km).
Please note that the distances mentioned above are approximate, and are referred as the crow flies from the property.
Bath tub with spray jets
Private Living Room
Self-controlled heating system
Dining room seats
Tables and chairs
Plates and bowls
Lanai Gazebo Covered
Outdoor dining area
Seating area with sofa/chair